As you may have noticed from Aug. 17's posting, I have very strong opinions on the necessity of health care reform in this country.
That being said, my strongest opinion is that media coverage of the House reform bill, HR 3200, is horrible. Instead of taking the August break for some analysis of the current system and ideas for the future, news people have gone the easier route, covering town hall meetings instead. I understand, crazy people lend themselves to better photos, but think of the info graphic potential, had they gone the other way.
So, in light of the mind-numbing vacuum of information on the topic, I decided to read the damn thing myself.
I hope my notes are helpful and that I can get this done before the Senate releases their own version.
(For reference, I downloaded my draft of the bill from the House Education and Labor Committee here.)
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment